Wi-Fi (Eduroam network)
- The wireless Internet network is available for UWM students and academics.
- After setting-up the system on one’s own device (details available at http://www.eduroam.uwm.edu.pl/index.php?lang=en), the user logs in using the passwords from the USOSWEB system.
Workstations with access to the Internet in the Library
Workstations with access to the Internet are located in: Department of Subject Collections (Green, Yellow, Blue), Teaching Collection, Reference Department & Periodicals Reading Room, Main Entrance Hall and on the Entresol.
- Access to the Internet is for authorized users holding a valid library account and registered in the Cafe Suite (server to manage access to the Internet). Main Lending Desk services these accounts.
- Users log in with their login (PESEL) and password (the barcode from for the students` card).
- Workstations with access to the Internet are located in different places in the Library:
- in the Department of Subject Collections (Green, Yellow, Blue) - terminals: ZOLTA-XX, ZIELONA-XX, NIEBIESKA-XX,
- Teaching Collection and the Main Hall - terminal: WYPOZYCZALNIA-XX,
- Reference Department & Periodicals Reading Room - terminal: INFORMACJA-XX
- Entresol - terminal: ANTRESOLA-XX. XX is the number of terminals.
- Workstations for searching in the Library Catalogue and resources from the domain uwm.edu.pl are labelled KATALOG-XX.
- All users can log on to computers designated as held for people with disabilities, including those at which there is a scanner.
- Logged users have the opportunity to prepare a document for printing on any of the computers in the aforementioned locations. Print and charging for printing takes place in the Main Lending Desk.
• The user saves a document to print in the folder with printer icon on the desktop labelled with the name of the terminal, eg. ANTRESOLA-01, ZOLTA-05 ....
• You have the right to save and modify files in that directory, but they cannot be removed.
• After work the user should log off, remember the name of the station he worked on and go for printouts to the Main Lending Desk before 7.30 pm.